Section 1: Definitions
is any data, personal or otherwise, that is
- Transferred from you to Mechanomy, regardless of its country of origin; and
- Recorded in any form.
- “Personal Information” is about or pertains to a specific individual whether the individual is you or not and can be linked to that individual.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” means Personal Information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health.
- The “Website” includes all pages and Content found or accessed under the Mechanomy.com domain name.
- The “Web Portal” includes all password protected areas of Mechanomy.com and all Content downloaded, viewed, or accessed there.
- “Software” includes all programs, routines, and symbolic languages downloaded or accessed through the Website or Web Portal or otherwise provided by Mechanomy that control any functionality or direct any operations on a computer.
- Collectively the Website, Web Portal, and Software are referred to as the “Services.”
- “User” means anyone accessing or using the Services provided by Mechanomy, whether they are registered Users, guests, or internet Users even if they did not directly access the Service used. It also includes persons using the Service even if they are accessing the Service through another person’s account.
includes any text, models, Software outputs, program files or any
other Information that is posted, displayed, or published on or in
connection with the Services. Content can be posted by Users,
Mechanomy, and any third party affiliates of Mechanomy.
- “Public Content” refers to Content designated by a User as “Public” and may be distributed or shared with other Users or used in Mechanomy’s advertisements
- “Private Content” refers to Content designated by a User as “Private.” Private Content will be stored in the Users “Private Storage”, and will not be distributed, shared, or used in advertising.
Section 2: What Information Mechanomy Collects and Why.
- As part of registering as a User, Mechanomy requires you to input a Username, password, and a valid email address. Mechanomy stores and compiles this data and may retain it from Users who have terminated their accounts for legal compliance purposes or to maintain ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of Mechanomy’s systems, Website, and Service.
- When you access the Services from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect Information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
Section 3: What Information Mechanomy Does Not Collect
Mechanomy does not collect Sensitive Personal Information. While Mechanomy does not collect this Information, we recognize that you may store some Information of this kind in your account or in your private storage. If you choose to keep Sensitive Personal Information in your account or private storage, you are responsible for complying with any regulatory controls regarding that data.
Section 4: How Mechanomy Uses Collected Information
- Mechanomy uses Information provided in order to provide and operate the Service and to contact you regarding changes, updates, account Services, customer Service, or any other reason associated with the Service or your use of the Service.
- Mechanomy may contact you with Service-related announcements from time to time. These include necessary Software updates and Web Portal or Website outages among other things.Mechanomy requires an email address to become a User to allow Mechanomy to make these communications. You may opt out of all communications except essential updates.
- Mechanomy may also contact you with direct advertisements related to your use of the Services. These can include potential upgrades, Service options, or manufacturer model offerings among others. The purpose of these communications is to inform you about new Services or features available for purchase from Mechanomy. You can opt out of receiving advertisements from Mechanomy.
- Content you post on or in connection with the Services may be used by Mechanomy as part of advertising of Mechanomy’s products or Services. Mechanomy will not sell your Content, and will only use Content labeled “Public Content” in advertising.
Section 5: How You Can Access and Control the Information Mechanomy Collects
- Mechanomy adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) with respect to all Personal Information. The following are the provisions of the GDPR and CCPA with regard to this policy.
- Mechanomy shall inform you of the purposes for which it collects and uses Personal Information and the types of non-agent third parties to which Mechanomy discloses or may disclose that Information. Mechanomy shall provide you with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of your Personal Information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when you are first asked to provide Personal Information to Mechanomy, or as soon as practicable thereafter. In any event you will receive notice before Mechanomy uses or discloses the Information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
- Mechanomy will offer you the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether Personal Information is to be disclosed to a third party or to be used for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected or has subsequently been authorized.
- Onward Transfers
- Prior to disclosing Personal Information to a third party, Mechanomy will notify you of the disclosure and allow you the choice to opt out. Mechanomy will ensure that any third party to which Personal Information may be disclosed is subject to law providing the same level of privacy protection or agrees in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection.
- Data Security
- Mechanomy shall take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Mechanomy has in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Information. Mechanomy cannot guarantee the security of Information on or transmitted via the Internet.
- Data Integrity
- Mechanomy shall only process Personal Information in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or has been authorized. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Mechanomy shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
- Mechanomy will allow you access to your Personal Information and allow you to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate Information. For access requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Access will not be allowed where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or where personal rights other than your own would be violated. Access will only be granted a maximum of two times during any twelve month period. While accessing your Information, you will be allowed to export a copy of your Information.
- Mechanomy uses a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with this Policy and at least annually verifies that the Policy is accurate, comprehensive, prominently displayed, completely implemented, and accessible to remain in conformity with the GDPR and the CCPA.
- Dispute Resolution
- Mechanomy encourages you to raise any concerns using the contact Information we provided. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with the GDPR and the CCPA. If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal process, we agree to dispute resolution using an independent recourse mechanism as a third party resolution provider.
Section 6: How Mechanomy Secures Your Information
Data Mechanomy receives from you is protected by industry-standard practices to the extent appropriate for Mechanomy’s stage of development. Data transfers are encrypted using SSH, HTTPS, and SSL/TLS.
Section 7: How Mechanomy Responds to Compelled Disclosure
Mechanomy will not sell or otherwise transfer your private Information except where essential for providing the Services. However, Mechanomy will give out Personal Information to comply with applicable law or a court order, to prevent harm or injury, or to prevent fraud or other illegal activity. Mechanomy may be required to share Information with government entities from a foreign country. You cannot opt out of this provision or otherwise force Mechanomy to hold Information confidential in such a way as to cause Mechanomy to violate any law.
Section 8: How Mechanomy Will Communicate With You
Mechanomy will contact you via the email address that you provide and will only contact you for reasons that you have consented to. For example, if you contact Mechanomy for technical support, we will respond to you via email.
Section 10: Contacting Mechanomy